Terms and Conditions
We are Country. Cosy. Calming yet Invigorating. Bountiful. Fascinating. Comfortable. Eclectic.
Our Tees and Cees
- We will do everything possible to make your stay most memorable. To ensure a very pleasant experience at Julu Guest House, we have established the following policies. Please take a few minutes to review them, and feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions (David 079 7772 772 / Max 083 4624 252)
- Julu guest house is regarded as a quiet escape for most of our guests, and we work hard to foster that environment. Children older than 16 years of age are welcome so long as they are supervised.
- Julu guest house is regarded as a quiet and relaxed getaway for most our guests, and we work hard to foster that environment.
- We do not accommodate requests for cots, air mattresses or roll-away beds.
- The use of the kitchen and owner’s private quarters and office spaces are not available for any rental. Guests may not entertain visitors or host parties at the guest house without advance permission These permissions may incur additional fees, and will require respective consent from neighbours and other guests.
- Under no circumstances shall maximum room occupancy be exceeded.
- No smoking is permitted inside the guesthouse. We stress that we are a non-smoking environment. Smoking of tobacco products is permissible outside. This applies to tobacco as well as electronic devices. There is a spot cash fine of R 1 000.00 for not adhering to this condition.
- For the safety and comfort of all of our guests, we do not allow fireworks, candles or incense burning in any of our guest rooms or on the grounds.
- While we ask for a two – night minimum booking over weekends during season, we accept one night booking as per weekday standard protocol out of season
Check-in is from 14:00 to 16:00, and check out is by 10:30. Should you wish to drop your bags off earlier, arrangements in advance will need confirmation from housekeeping prior to the day of arrival. Please ensure that housekeeping is made aware by email at least one prior to arrival should you be checking in after 16:00 or you will be charged. Late check-outs will incur an extra fee.
- Please confirm your plans prior to making your reservation. We are a small B&B, and cancellations affect us significantly. We cannot be responsible for rooms due to late or cancelled airline flights, family emergencies, threat of bad weather or other travel-related mishaps or changes in plans which may shorten your stay. While we do empathise, we must maintain our policy. Insurance is available to protect against any unexpected events.
- Our policy is to never overbook rooms. When we reserve a room for you, we agree to turn away all other requests for the room you select and guarantee to hold it for the nights you reserved. We are unable to make exceptions to our cancellation policy.
- If you choose to book directly, a 50 % upfront deposit is required at the time of your reservation, balance payable on check in.
- Should you feel it necessary to cancel your reservation, your 50% deposit will be refunded so long as notification in writing is presented within 7 days or more from your confirmed date of your booking.
- We will require your credit card details in order to reserve your booking as well as a reserve set limit. No charges will be made until prior to checkout once rooms have been inspected. The balance may be payable in cash, or via a direct EFT with immediate bank clearance.
Guests residing at Julu Guest House shall indemnify, save and hold harmless Julu Guest House, its officers, directors, employees, and agents from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and judgments, losses, costs and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees, arising due to the negligence of guests or other personnel hereunder, including but not limited to any representation, warranty, term and/or condition of this Agreement.
Guests residing at Julu Guest House shall be solely and exclusively responsible to insure properly and adequately themselves and all personal property.
Neither Party shall assign to transfer any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement and any attempt to do so shall be void and of no effect.
Waiver and Effective Nullity
Waiver by either party of any provision of this Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of any provision by such party at any time hereafter. The nullity of any provision hereunder shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions hereunder of the Agreement, which shall survive.